A little bit of evidence on the natural rate hypothesis from the U.S
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in its series Working Papers with number 83.
Date of creation: 1975
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in The legacy of Robert Lucas, Jr. (Vol. 2, 1999, pp. 424-428) ; Journal of Monetary Economics (Vol. 4, No. 2, April 1978, pp. 315-319)>
Other versions of this item:
- Neftci, Salih & Sargent, Thomas J., 1978. "A little bit of evidence on the natural rate hypothesis from the U.S," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 315-319, April.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sargent, Thomas J, 1976.
"The Observational Equivalence of Natural and Unnatural Rate Theories of Macroeconomics,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(3), pages 631-40, June.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1975. "The observational equivalence of natural and unnatural rate theories of macroeconomics," Working Papers 48, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1973. "Some International Evidence on Output-Inflation Tradeoffs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 326-34, June.
- Herschel I. Grossman, 1984. "Counterfactuals, Forecasts, and Choice-Theoretic Modelling of Policy," NBER Working Papers 1381, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1983.
"Price Inertia and Policy Ineffectiveness in the United States, 1890-1980,"
NBER Working Papers
0744, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1982. "Price Inertia and Policy Ineffectiveness in the United States, 1890-1980," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1087-1117, December.
- John Faust & Charles H. Whiteman, 1997.
"General-to-specific procedures for fitting a data-admissible, theory- inspired, congruent, parsimonious, encompassing, weakly-exogenous, identified, structural model to the DGP: a translation and crit,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
576, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Faust, Jon & Whiteman, Charles H., 1997. "General-to-specific procedures for fitting a data-admissible, theory-inspired, congruent, parsimonious, encompassing, weakly-exogenous, identified, structural model to the DGP: A translation and criti," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 121-161, December.
- Neil R. Ericsson & John S. Irons, 1995. "The Lucas critique in practice: theory without measurement," International Finance Discussion Papers 506, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Landon, Stuart, 1995. "Testing aggregate neutrality with heterogeneous sectors," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 131-148.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.