Simulation-based Bayesian inference for economic time series
AbstractThis paper surveys recently developed methods for Bayesian inference and their use in economic time series models. It begins by reviewing aspects of Bayesian inference essential to understanding the implications of the Bayesian paradigm for time series analysis. It next describes the use of posterior simulators to solve otherwise intractable analytical problems. The theory and the computational advances are brought together in setting forth a practical framework for decision-making and forecasting. These developments are illustrated in the context of the vector autoregressions, stochastic volatility models, and models of changing regimes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in its series Working Papers with number 570.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Simulation- based inference in econometrics (2000, pp. 255-299)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001.
"Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients,"
Athens University of Economics and Business, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies
130, Athens University of Economics and Business, Department of International and European Economic Studies.
- Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2002. "Stochastic frontier models with random coefficients," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 127-147.
- Tsionas, E.G., 2001. "Stochastic Frontier Models with Random Coefficients," DEOS Working Papers 130, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Efthymios Tsionas, 2003. "Inflation and Productivity in Europe: An Empirical Investigation," Empirica, Springer, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 39-62, March.
- Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2001. "Euro-land: any good for the European South?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 67-81, January.
- Efthymios Tsionas, 2001. "Regional Convergence and Common, Stochastic Long-run Trends: A Re-examination of the US Regional Data," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 689-696.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.