A test of the exogeneity of national variables in a regional econometric model
AbstractMany regional econometric models are estimated under the maintained assumption that certain national variables are exogenous with respect to the regional variables in the models. This exogeneity assumption is testable using time series methods of inference, yet, to my knowledge, no regional model has been so tested. In this paper, I test the national exogeneity assumption included in the specification of a particular regional forecasting model. Such a test is, I believe, a necessary and important step in the construction of any econometric model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis in its series Working Papers with number 124.
Date of creation: 1979
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klein, Lawrence R. & Glickman, Norman J., 1977. "Econometric model-building at regional level," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-2), pages 3-23, March.
- Adams, F Gerard & Brooking, Carl G & Glickman, Norman J, 1975. "On the Specification and Simulation of a Regional Econometric Model: A Model of Mississippi," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 286-98, August.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-52, September.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- L'Esperance, Wilford L., 1977. "Optimal stabilization policy at the regional level," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-2), pages 25-48, March.
- Geweke, John, 1978. "Testing the exogeneity specification in the complete dynamic simultaneous equation model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 163-185, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janelle Ruswick).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.