The operating performance of acquired firms in banking before and after acquisition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) in its series Staff Studies with number 149.
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben R. Craig & João Cabral dos Santos, 1996. "Performance and asset management effects of bank acquisitions," Working Paper 9619, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Stavros Peristiani, 1996.
"Do mergers improve the x-efficiency and scale efficiency of U.S. banks?: Evidence from the 1980s,"
9623, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Peristiani, Stavros, 1997. "Do Mergers Improve the X-Efficiency and Scale Efficiency of U.S. Banks? Evidence from the 1980s," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 326-37, August.
- Fung, Michael K., 2006. "Are labor-saving technologies lowering employment in the banking industry?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 179-198, January.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1996. "Entry restrictions, industry evolution and dynamic efficiency: evidence from commercial banking," Research Paper 9630, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Milbourn, Todd T. & Boot, Arnoud W. A. & Thakor, Anjan V., 1999. "Megamergers and expanded scope: Theories of bank size and activity diversity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 195-214, February.
- Avkiran, Necmi Kemal, 1999. "The evidence on efficiency gains: The role of mergers and the benefits to the public," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 991-1013, July.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca S. Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Vennet, Rudi Vander, 1996. "The effect of mergers and acquisitions on the efficiency and profitability of EC credit institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1531-1558, November.
- Al-Khasawneh, Jamal Ali & Essaddam, Naceur, 2012. "Market reaction to the merger announcements of US banks: A non-parametric X-efficiency framework," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 167-183.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philp E. Strahan, . "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-30, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert Tannenwald, 1991. "Cyclical swing or secular slide? Why have New England's banks been losing money?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Nov, pages 29-46.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kris Vajs).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.