Sectoral wage convergence: a nonparametric distributional analysis
AbstractA nonparametric analysis of the similarity between goods and services wage densities, applying kernel density estimates and an overlap statistic to U.S. weekly full-time wages from 1969 to 1993.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its series Working Paper with number 9611.
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Mark E. Schweitzer & Max Dupuy, 1995. "Sectoral wage convergence: a nonparametric distributional analysis," Working Paper 9520, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borjas, George J & Ramey, Valerie A, 1995. "Foreign Competition, Market Power, and Wage Inequality," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 1075-1110, November.
- Max Dupuy & Mark E. Schweitzer, 1995. "Another look at part-time employment," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Feb 1.
- Max Dupuy & Mark E. Schweitzer, 1994. "Are service-sector jobs inferior?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Feb 1.
- Alan B. Krueger & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987. "Reflections on the Inter-Industry Wage Structure," NBER Working Papers 1968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Michael Cox & Richard Alm, 1994. "The service sector: give it some respect," Annual Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, pages 3-22.
- Helwege, Jean, 1992. "Sectoral Shifts and Interindustry Wage Differentials," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(1), pages 55-84, January.
- Krueger, Alan B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1988. "Efficiency Wages and the Inter-industry Wage Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 259-93, March.
- Robert G. Valletta, 1997. "The effects of industry employment shifts on U.S. wage structure, 1979-1995," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 16-32.
- López-Bazo, Enrique & Del Barrio, Tomás & Artís, Manuel, 2000. "The Geographical Distribution Of Unemployment In Spain," ERSA conference papers ersa00p220, European Regional Science Association.
- Temel, Tugrul, 2011. "Are the U.S. farm wages equalizing? Markov chain approach," MPRA Paper 31930, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.