Patterns and determinants of inefficiency in state manufacturing
AbstractA study of whether states differ in terms of technical inefficiency in their manufacturing sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in its series Working Paper with number 8603.
Date of creation: 1986
Date of revision:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas J. Campbell & Daniel P. Kessler & George B. Shepherd, 1995. "The Causes and Effects of Liability Reform: Some Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oleg Badunenko & Michael Fritsch & Andreas Stephan, 2006. "What Determines the Technical Efficiency of a Firm? The Importance of Industry, Location, and Size," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 33/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Alejandra Trejo, 2011. "Competitiveness And The Regional Efficiency Of The Mexican Service Sector," ERSA conference papers ersa10p196, European Regional Science Association.
- Heru Margono & Subhash Sharma & Kevin Sylwester & Usama Al-Qalawi, 2009. "Technical efficiency and productivity analysis in Indonesian provincial economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 663-672.
- Baldwin, John R. Brown, W. Mark Rigby, David, 2008. "Economies d'agglomeration : estimations de panel de microdonnees du secteur canadien de la fabrication," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2008049f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- John K. Mullen & Martin Williams & Ronald L. Moomaw, 1996. "Public capital stock and interstate variations in manufacturing efficiency," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 51-67.
- An, Donghwan & Kim, Kwansoo & Kwon, Oh Sang, 2004. "The Demand- and Supply-Side Spillovers in the Food Manufacturing Industry in Korea: An Empirical Evidence from Both Local Level and Individual Firm Level," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20238, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mari Maté-Sánchez-Val & Antonia Madrid-Guijarro, 2011. "A spatial efficiency index proposal: an empirical application to SMEs productivity," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 353-371, October.
- Stanley C. W. Salvary, 2004. "The Neoclassical Model, Corporate Retained Earnings, And The Regional Flows Of Financial Capital," Urban/Regional 0410007, EconWPA.
- Baldwin, John R. Brown, W. Mark Rigby, David, 2008.
"Agglomeration Economies: Microdata Panel Estimates from Canadian Manufacturing,"
Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series
2008049e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- John R. Baldwin & W. Mark Brown & David L. Rigby, 2010. "Agglomeration Economies: Microdata Panel Estimates From Canadian Manufacturing," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(5), pages 915-934, December.
- Richard Cebula & Jay Carmichael & Holly Meads, 2008. "State-imposed solutions to negative externalities: employment impact of pollution abatement policy," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 380-393, October.
- Hideki Yamawaki, 2006. "The location of American and Japanese multinationals in Europe," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 157-173, November.
- M. M. Salinas-Jimenez, 2003. "Technological change, efficiency gains and capital accumulation in labour productivity growth and convergence: an application to the Spanish regions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1839-1851.
- Jaume Puig, 2000. "Technical inefficiency and public capital in US States: A stochastic frontier approach," Economics Working Papers 451, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Baldwin, John R. Beckstead, Desmond Brown, W. Mark Rigby, David, 2007. "Urban Economies and Productivity," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2007045e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Baldwin, John R. Beckstead, Desmond Brown, W. Mark Rigby, David, 2007. "Economies urbaines et productivite," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2007045f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- David Rigby & Jurgen Essletzbichler, 2000. "Impacts of Industry Mix, Technological Change, Selection and Plant Entry/Exit on Regional Productivity Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 333-342.
- Sharma, Subhash C. & Sylwester, Kevin & Margono, Heru, 2007. "Decomposition of total factor productivity growth in U.S. states," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 215-241, May.
- Salinas-Jimenez, M. del Mar, 2004. "Public infrastructure and private productivity in the Spanish regions," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 47-64, January.
- Inmaculada C. Alvarez Ayuso & Osvaldo U. Becerril Torres & Laura E. del Moral Barrera, 2011. "The effect of infrastructures on total factor productivity and its determinants: a study on Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 26(1), pages 97-122.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lee Faulhaber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.