A Contractive Method for Computing the Stationary Solution of the Euler Equation
AbstractA contractive method for computing stationary solutions of intertemporal equilibrium models is provided. The method is implemented using a contraction mapping derived from the first-order conditions. The deterministic dynamic programming problem is used to illustrate the method. Some numerical examples are performed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its series Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) with number 456.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Praia de Botafogo 190, sala 1100, Rio de Janeiro/RJ - CEP: 22253-900
Web page: http://epge.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Humberto Moreira & Wilfredo Maldonado, 2003. "A contractive method for computing the stationary solution of the Euler equation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(1), pages 1-14.
- Wilfredo Maldonado & Humberto Moreira, 2001. "A contractive method for computing the stationary solution of the Euler Equation," Textos para discussÃ£o, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil) 451, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Wilfredo Maldonado & Humberto Moreira, 2002. "A contractive method for computing the stationary solution of the Euler equation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002, Society for Computational Economics 21, Society for Computational Economics.
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cristina Arellano & Lilia Maliar & Serguei Maliar & Viktor Tsyrennikov, 2014. "Envelope Condition Method with an Application to Default Risk Models," BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory Working Paper Series, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory 2014-04, Brigham Young University, Department of Economics, BYU Macroeconomics and Computational Laboratory.
- Marcelo de Paiva Abreu, 2003. "The political economy of economic integration in the Americas: Latin American interests," Textos para discussÃ£o, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil) 468, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.