Hysteresis e o comércio exterior de produtos industrializados brasileiros
AbstractThis article investigates the hypothesis of hysteresis for the Brazilian manufactured exportsand imports in recent years. For that it was used an empirical measure of strong hysteresis(macroeconomic) developed by Piscitelli et al. (2000) and tested its significance in sectoralsupply and demand equations for exports and in sectoral equations for import demand. Theresults shows that Brazilian manufactured exports are strongly determined by internationaldemand, being the empirical measure of real exchange rate expressed by the ratio betweeninternational prices and export prices nationals the relevant measure to explain the exportperformance. With respect to the hysteresis hypothesis, it was rejected for the aggregate ofmanufactures exports, but accepted in some industrial sectors. For imports this hypothesis wasaccepted for aggregate of manufactured imports and for ten industrial sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil) in its series Textos para discussão with number 253.
Date of creation: 29 Jun 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Rua Itapeva, 474, 13o andar, CEP 01332-000, São Paulo - SP
Phone: 55 (011) 3799-3350
Fax: 55 (011) 3799-3357
Web page: http://eesp.fgv.br
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marta Castilho & Marta Menéndez & Aude Sztulman, 2014.
"Trade Liberalization, Inequality and Poverty in Brazilian States,"
PSE Working Papers
- Castilho, Marta & Menéndez, Marta & Sztulman, Aude, 2012. "Trade Liberalization, Inequality, and Poverty in Brazilian States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 821-835.
- Marta Castilho & Marta Menéndez & Aude Sztulman, 2010. "Trade Liberalization, Inequality and Poverty in Brazilian States," Working Papers DT/2010/02, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Menéndez, Marta & Castilho, Marta & Sztulman, Aude, 2009. "Trade Liberalization, Inequality and Poverty in Brazilian States," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5833, Paris Dauphine University.
- Sztulman, Aude & Menéndez, Marta & Castilho, Marta, 2012. "Trade Liberalization, Inequality and Poverty in Brazilian States," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1904, Paris Dauphine University.
- Marta Castilho & Marta Menéndez & Aude Sztulman, 2009. "Trade liberalization, inequality and poverty in Brazilian states," Working Papers halshs-00574996, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da EPGE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.