Latin American Economic Perspectives with Special Reference to Finnish Interests and Opportunities
AbstractIn the 1990's, economic conditions have become substantially better in South America. Many countries in the region have opened their trade policies and privatized their economies. The prospects for growth during the next decade appear encouraging. This, however, will require national and foreign investments beyond current levels. Both the European Union countries and Latin America are implementing measures to increase their mutual economic relations. Finland, like the rest of the EU countries can turn what were previously regarded as marginal economic relations with Latin America into profitable operations. Interviews in Finnish companies and conversations with people from various fields in Latin America showed that there is a growing interest towards expanding economic relations. There is, however, a need for more information on the economic opportunities for Finland and Latin America.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) in its series Research Reports with number 42.
Date of creation: 01 Jan 1997
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.