Workshop on Studies for Northern Dimension Kalastajatorppa 30 - 31 May, 2002
AbstractThis report describes the economical and institutional aspects and processes of the policy on Northern Dimension. By studying these issues the papers presented in workshop enlightened many problems which are faced up to in the policy implication of Northern Dimension. The current meaning of the term is related to promoting the economic stability of the Northern Europe. The economic problems stem from structural barriers effecting the development of economic sectors and markets in the Northwest Russia, the Baltic and Poland. Because of such problems the integration of these countries with the rest of Europe is difficult. It is crucial question increasing investments in infrastructure (transportation, energy, telecommunication, etc.) for promoting economic growth in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT) in its series Discussion Papers with number 290.
Date of creation: 31 Jan 2003
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anita Niskanen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.