A Multicriteria Approach for the Evaluation of the Sustainability of Re-use of Historic Buildings in Venice
AbstractThe paper presents a multiple criteria model for the evaluation of the sustainability of projects for the economic re-use of historical buildings in Venice. The model utilises the relevant parameters for the appraisal of sustainability, aggregated into three macro-indicators: intrinsic sustainability, context sustainability and economic-financial feasibility. The model has been calibrated by a panel of experts and tested on two reuse hypotheses of the Old Arsenal in Venice. The tests have proven the model to be a useful support in the early stages of evaluation of re-use projects, where economic improvements are to be combined with conservation, as it supports the identification of critical points and the selection of projects, thus providing not only a check-list of variables to be considered, but an appraisal of trade-offs between economic uses and requirements of conservation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei in its series Working Papers with number 2008.91.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Economic Reuse; Historical Building Conservation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2009-01-17 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2009-01-17 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-TUR-2009-01-17 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kacprzyk, Janusz & Fedrizzi, Mario, 1988. "A `soft' measure of consensus in the setting of partial (fuzzy) preferences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 316-325, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.