A Robust Multivariate Long Run Analysis of European Electricity Prices
AbstractThis paper analyses the interdependencies existing in wholesale European electricity prices. The results of a multivariate long run dynamic analysis of weekly median prices reveal the presence of a strong although not perfect integration among some neighboring markets considered in the sample and the existence of common long-term dynamics of electricity prices and gas prices but not oil prices. The existence of long-term dynamics among gas prices and electricity prices may prove to be important for long-term hedging operations to be conducted even in markets where there are no electricity derivatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei in its series Working Papers with number 2007.103.
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision:
European Electricity Prices; Cointegration; Interdependencies; Equilibrium Correction Model; Oil Prices;
Other versions of this item:
- Bruno Bosco & Lucia Parisio & Matteo Pelagatti & Fabio Baldi, 2007. "A robust multivariate long run analysis of European electricity prices," Working Papers 20070901, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica.
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Auctions
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2008-03-08 (European Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2008-03-08 (Energy Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mop:credwp:08.09.77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Le Pen, Yannick & Sévi, Benoît, 2010.
"Volatility transmission and volatility impulse response functions in European electricity forward markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 758-770, July.
- Sévi, Benoît & Le Pen, Yannick, 2010. "Volatility transmission and volatility impulse response functions in European electricity forward markets," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5450, Paris Dauphine University.
- Elbert Dijkgraaf & Maarten C.W. Janssen, 2009. "Defining European Wholesale Electricity Markets: An “And/Or” Approach," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-079/3, Tinbergen Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.