Multipoint Competition, Mutual Forbearance and Entry into Geographic Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by FEDEA in its series Studies on the Spanish Economy with number 127.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.fedea.net
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Newman, Howard H, 1978. "Strategic Groups and the Structure-Performance Relationship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(3), pages 417-27, August.
- Caves, R E & Porter, M E, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-61, May.
- van Witteloostuijn, Arjen & van Wegberg, Marc, 1992. "Multimarket competition : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 273-282, July.
- Evans, William N & Kessides, Ioannis N, 1994. "Living by the "Golden Rule": Multimarket Contact in the U.S. Airline Industry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(2), pages 341-66, May.
- Sandler, Ralph D, 1988. "Market Share Instability in Commercial Airline Markets and the Impact of Deregulation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 327-35, March.
- Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 1999.
"On Interdependent Supergames: Multimarket Contact, Concavity, and Collusion,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 127-139, November.
- Spagnolo, G., 1999. "On Interdependent Supergames: Multimarket Contact, Concavity, and Collusion," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9914, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Hitoshi Matsushima, 1998.
"Multimarket Contact, Imperfect Monitoring, and Implicit Collusion,"
CIRJE-F-24, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Matsushima, Hitoshi, 2001. "Multimarket Contact, Imperfect Monitoring, and Implicit Collusion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 158-178, May.
- Scott, John T., 1991. "Multimarket contact among diversified oligopolists," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 225-238, June.
- Lucio Fuentelsaz & Jaime Gomez, 2001. "Strategic and Queue effects on Entry in Spanish Banking," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(4), pages 529-563, December.
- Scott, John T., 1989. "Purposive diversification as a motive for merger," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 35-47, March.
- Hughes, Kirsty & Oughton, Christine, 1993. "Diversification, Multi-market Contact and Profitability," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 60(238), pages 203-24, May.
- Owen R. Phillips & Charles F. Mason, 1996. "Market Regulation and Multimarket Rivalry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(3), pages 596-617, Autumn.
- Witteloostuijn, A. van & Wegberg, M.J.A.M., 1992. "Multimarket competition: Theory and evidence," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5373408, Tilburg University.
- Leiponen, Aija, 2006. "Competing through cooperation: Standard setting in wireless telecommunications," Discussion Papers 1056, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Rebeca Juan, 2008. "Competition in Local Markets: Some Evidence from the Spanish Retail Banking Market," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 145-162, March.
- Luisa Alamá Sabater & Emili Tortosa Ausina, 2011. "Bank branch geographic location patterns in Spain: some implications for financial exclusion," Working Papers. Serie EC 2011-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lorenzo Ciari & Riccardo De Bonis, 2011. "Entry decisions after deregulation: the role of incumbents' market power," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 50, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Gielens, K.J.P. & Gucht, L. Van de & Steenkamp, J.E.B.M. & Dekimpe, M.G., 2008. "Dancing with a giant: The effect of Wal-Mart's entry into the U.K. on the performance of European retailers," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-306411, Tilburg University.
- Paolo Coccorese & Alfonso Pellecchia, 2009. "Multimarket Contact and Profitability in Banking: Evidence from Italy," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 245-271, June.
- Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Gómez, Jaime & Palomas, Sergio, 2012. "Production technologies and financial performance: The effect of uneven diffusion among competitors," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 401-413.
- Manuel Illueca & José Pastor & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2009. "The effects of geographic expansion on the productivity of Spanish savings banks," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 119-143, October.
- Garcia-Gallego, Aurora & Georgantzis, Nikolaos & Gil-Molto, Maria Jose & Orts, Vicente, 2006. "Game-theoretic aspects of international mergers: Theory and case studies," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 395-409, September.
- Emili Tortosa-Ausina & David Conesa & Luisa AlamâˆšÂ°, 2011. "Location and geographic diversification patterns of Spanish financial institutions: Implications for growth, 1989-2009," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1162, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmen Arias).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.