Convergence and FDI in an enlarged EU: what can we learn from the experience of cohesion countries for the CEECS?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE) in its series Documents de Travail de l'OFCE with number 2006-12.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wagner, Martin & Hlouskova, Jaroslava, 2001.
"The CEEC10's Real Convergence Prospects,"
Transition Economics Series
20, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996. "Comparing Apples to Oranges: Productivity Convergence and Measurement across Industries and Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1216-38, December.
- Nazrul Islam, 2003. "What have We Learnt from the Convergence Debate?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 309-362, 07.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991.
"Convergence across States and Regions,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Sandrine Cazes & Alena Nesporova, 2004. "Labour markets in transition: balancing flexibility and security in Central and Eastern Europe," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 91(5), pages 23-54.
- Moomaw, Ronald L. & Yang, Euy-Seok, 2004. "Total factor productivity and economic freedom implications for EU enlargement," ZEI Working Papers B 02-2004, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Maria Abreu Henri L. F. de Groot & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2005. "A Meta-Analysis of β-Convergence: the Legendary 2%," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 389-420, 07.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003.
"Regulation, productivity and growth: OECD evidence,"
CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 18(36), pages 9-72, 04.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta, 2003. "Regulation, Productivity and Growth: OECD Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 347, OECD Publishing.
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2003. "Regulation, productivity, and growth : OECD evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2944, The World Bank.
- Yuko Kinoshita, 2000. "R&D and technology spillovers via FDI: Innovation and absorptive capacity," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp163, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economic Institute, Prague.
- Yuko Kinoshita, 2000. "R&D and Technology Spillovers via FDI: Innovation and Absorptive Capacity," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 349, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Johannes Stephan, 2002.
"Industrial Specialisation and Productivity Catch-Up in CEECs - Patterns and Prospects -,"
IWH Discussion Papers
166, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Johannes Stephan, 2003. "Industrial Specialisation and Productivity Catch-Up in CEECs - Patterns and Prospects," ERSA conference papers ersa03p320, European Regional Science Association.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Quah, Danny, 1993. " Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 427-43, December.
- Ben-David, Dan, 1994.
"Convergence Clubs and Diverging Economies,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
922, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003.
"Human Capital and Inward FDI,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3762, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Slovak Republic: Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 05/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Dirk Pilat & Paul Schreyer, 2001. "Measuring productivity," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 127-170.
- Peter Havlik, 2005. "Structural Change, Productivity and Employment in the New EU Member States," wiiw Research Reports 313, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Joze P. Damijan & Mark Knell & Boris Majcen & Matija Rojec, 2003. "Technology Transfer through FDI in Top-10 Transition Countries: How Important are Direct Effects, Horizontal and Vertical Spillovers?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 549, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Frank Barr & Maria Paula Fontoura & Nuno Crespo, 2003.
"EU Enlargement and the Portuguese Economy,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2003/06, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Ingo Geishecker & Gabor Hunya, 2005. "Employment Effects of Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe," wiiw Research Reports 321, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Henrik Braconier & Karolina Ekholm, 2002.
"Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe: Employment Effects in the EU,"
Development Working Papers
161, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Braconier, Henrik & Ekholm, Karolina, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern Europe: Employment Effects in the EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 3052, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nordhaus, William, 2007. "Alternative measures of output in global economic-environmental models: Purchasing power parity or market exchange rates?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 349-372, May.
- Gabor Hunya, 2002. "Recent Impacts of Foreign Direct Investment on Growth and Restructuring in Central European Transition Countries," wiiw Research Reports 284, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-51, April.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Damijan, Joze P. & Knell, Mark & Majcen, Boris & Rojec, Matija, 2003. "The role of FDI, R&D accumulation and trade in transferring technology to transition countries: evidence from firm panel data for eight transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 189-204, June.
- Selin Sayek & Laura Alfaro & Areendam Chanda & Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2003. "FDI Spillovers, Financial Markets and Economic Development," IMF Working Papers 03/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Frank Berry, 2003. "Irish Economic Development over Three Decades of EU Membership," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 53(9-10), pages 394-412, September.
- Peter Havlik, 2003. "Restructuring of manufacturing industry in the central and east european countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2003(1).
- Sandrine Levasseur, 2011. "Production under foreign ownership and domestic volatility: an empirical investigation at the sector level," Sciences Po publications 2011-01, Sciences Po.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.