A Characterization of Ramsey Equilibrium in a Model with Limited Borrowing
AbstractWe investigate the convergence property of the capital stock sequence in Ramsey equilibria with limited borrowing by the households. In our model, at the beginning of each period, households are allowed to borrow against their end of the period wage income. Under this assumption the capital stock sequence converges to the steady state stock irrespective of the technology and turnpike property holds in every Ramsey equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics in its series EUSP Deparment of Economics Working Paper Series with number Ec-08/13.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 01 Oct 2013
Date of revision:
Ramsey Equilibrium; Limited Borrowing; Convergence of capital path;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - General
- O41 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2013-12-06 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2013-12-06 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Robert A. & Foias, Ciprian, 1987. "A characterization of Ramsey equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 173-184, February.
- Gerhard Sorger & Tapan Mitra, 2013.
"On Ramsey´s conjecture,"
Vienna Economics Papers
1301, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Becker, Robert A & Boyd, John H, III & Foias, Ciprian, 1991. "The Existence of Ramsey Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 441-60, March.
- Becker, Robert A, 1980. "On the Long-Run Steady State in a Simple Dynamic Model of Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Households," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 375-82, September.
- Kirill Borissov, 2011. "On equilibrium dynamics with many agents and wages paid ex ante," EUSP Deparment of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-05/11, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics, revised 28 Apr 2011.
- Robert Becker & Ram Sewak Dubey & Tapan Mitra, 2012. "On Ramsey Equilibrium: Capital Ownership Pattern and Inefficiency," Caepr Working Papers 2012-007, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yuriy Balagula).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.