Economic Growth and (Re-)Distributive Policies: A Comparative Dynamic Analysis
AbstractThis paper analyzes the interplay of growth, distribution and public policy when the latter depend on economically important fundamentals. It is shown that not only pro-capital, but also pro-labour or income egalitarian policies lead to high growth. The paper argues that the long-run relationship between growth, post-tax factor incomes and public policies is more complicated in theory and especially when comparing countries as often suggested.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European University Institute in its series Economics Working Papers with number eco2000/13.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Badia Fiesolana, Via dei Roccettini, 9, 50016 San Domenico di Fiesole (FI) Italy
Web page: http://www.eui.eu/ECO/
More information through EDIRC
GROWTH RATE ; PUBLIC POLICY ; DISTRIBUTION;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rehme, Günther, 2007. "Endogenous (Re-)Distributive Policies and Economic Growth: A Comparative Static Analysis," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 35714, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Günther Rehme, 2007.
"Economic Growth and (Re-)Distributive Policies in a Non-cooperative World,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 91(1), pages 1-40, May.
- Rehme, Günther, 2006. "Economic growth and (re-)distributive policies in a non-cooperative world," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 25541, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Gastaldo).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.