Short-term Deviations from Simple Majority Voting
AbstractI discuss instances where a committee wants to deviate from the simple majority rule by adopting an alternative voting scheme for two consecutive binary ballots. The alternative voting rule, called Minority Voting as an Exception (MVE), works as follows: In the first ballot a b-majority rule is used, where b
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich in its series CER-ETH Economics working paper series with number 09/115.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2009
Date of revision:
voting; minority; communal politics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2009-10-03 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2009-10-03 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2009-10-03 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alessandra Casella, 2002.
NBER Working Papers
9189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fahrenberger, Theresa & Gersbach, Hans, 2010.
"Minority voting and long-term decisions,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 329-345, July.
- Theresa Fahrenberger & Hans Gersbach, 2007. "Minority Voting and Long-term Decisions," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 07/70, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Theresa Fahrenberger & Hans Gersbach, 2008. "Minority Voting and Long-term Decisions," CESifo Working Paper Series 2198, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rafael Hortala-Vallve, 2012.
Journal of Theoretical Politics,
, vol. 24(4), pages 526-554, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.