Optimal Pricing for Urban Road Transport Externalities
AbstractA partial equilibrium model for the urban transport market is described. The urban transport market is represented as a set of interrelated transport submarkets, one per type of mode or vehicle and period. This allows to represent in detail the different external costs associated with the use of different modes: congestion, accidents, air pollution and noise. The model allows to find second best optima that combine optimally given pricing and environmental regulation instruments. The model is demonstrated for Brussels. For this city the welfare effects of alternative sets of instruments are compared.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën in its series Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers with number ces9826.
Date of creation: Mar 1998
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Sara Ochelen & Stef Proost & Kurt Van Dender, 1998. "Optimal Pricing for Urban Road Transport Externalities," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces9830, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-04-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2008-04-12 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-ORE-2008-04-12 (Operations Research)
- NEP-URE-2008-04-12 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karla Vander Weyden).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.