Fiscal Decentralisation and Local Level Gender Responsive Budgeting in Morocco: Some Observations
AbstractDuring the last few years there has been a significant attempt to change the status of women in Morocco. Considerable efforts have been made to incorporate mainstream gender in socio-economic policies, including gender budgeting initiatives. The paper analyses the scope and limitations of gender budgeting initiatives in the context of the fiscal decentralisation process in Morocco. Specifically, the paper analyses the evolution of decentralisation in Morocco, and deals with the budgetary reforms in Morocco through a gender lens. It goes on to explain the future directions of local level gender responsive budgeting as well as the lessons drawn from the Morocco experience. [NIPFP Working Paper 42. 2006]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:771.
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
decentralization; gender; local; governance; morocco; budget; fiscal; reforms;
Other versions of this item:
- M. Govinda Rao & Chakraborty, Lekha S., 2006. "Fiscal decentralisation and local level gender responsive budgeting in Morocco: Some observations," Working Papers 06/42, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gyorgy Attila & Gyorgy Adina Cristina, 2010. "Budgetary Classifications’ Role In Public Financial Management," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 357-362, July.
- Chakraborty, Lekha, 2013. "Integrating time in public policy: Any evidence from gender diagnosis and budgeting," Working Papers 13/127, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Lekha Chakraborty, 2014. "Integrating Time in Public Policy: Empirical Description of Gender-specific Outcomes and Budgeting," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_785, Levy Economics Institute.
- Lekha S. Chakraborty, 2014. "Gender-responsive Budgeting as Fiscal Innovation: Evidence from India on 'Processes'," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_797, Levy Economics Institute.
- Chakraborty, Lekha, 2014. "Gender responsive budgeting, as fiscal innovation: Evidence from India on "Processes"," Working Papers 14/128, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.