The Value of Timber, Carbon, Fuelwood,and Non-Timber Forest Products in India's Forests
AbstractAccounting for forest wealth is an important ingredient in creating a framework for analysing policy trade-offs. This study describes forestry-related stocks and flows in terms of land area (under forest), physical volume (of timber and carbon) and, finally, monetary values. The study has demonstrated that forest resource accounting is feasible in India at a disaggregate level using a ‘top-down’ approach and provides an interesting view of how different regions are doing when their performance is measured on a sustainability yardstick. [Monograph 1 of the Green Accounting for Indian States Project (GAISP)]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:516.
Date of creation: May 2006
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
forst wealth; timber; non-timber forest products; firewood; minor produce; green accounting; forest resource; Economics; Indian Economy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William D. Nordhaus & James Tobin, 1971.
"Is Growth Obsolete?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
319, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- William D. Nordhaus & James Tobin, 1972. "Is Growth Obsolete?," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Research: Retrospect and Prospect Vol 5: Economic Growth, pages 1-80 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William D. Nordhaus & James Tobin, 1973. "Is Growth Obsolete?," NBER Chapters, in: The Measurement of Economic and Social Performance, pages 509-564 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1976.
"On the Welfare Significance of National Product in a Dynamic Economy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(1), pages 156-62, February.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1974. "On the Welfare Significance of National Product in Dynamic Economy," Working papers 125, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Maler, Karl-Goran, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources: Comment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 151-52.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-49.
- Landefeld, J Steven & Hines, James R, 1985. "National Accounting for Non-renewable Natural Resources in the Mining Industries," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 31(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Munshi, K.D. & Parikh, K.S., 1993.
"Milk Supply Behavior in India: Data Integration, Estimation and Implications for Dairy Development,"
93, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Munshi, Kaivan D. & Parikh, Kirit S., 1994. "Milk supply behavior in India: Data integration, estimation and implications for dairy development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 201-223, December.
- Munshi, K.D. & Parikh, K.S., 1990. "Milk Supply Behavior In India: Data Integration, Estimation And Implications For Dairy Development," Papers 38, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources: Comment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 153-55.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.