Agricultural Growth and Rural Incomes: Rural Performance Indicators and Consumption Patterns
AbstractThe present paper is part of a larger study on agricultural growth and rural incomes in the Philippines. This study examines the farm-nonfarm linkages of agricultural growth and the mechanisms by which agricultural development changes the economic welfare of the various groups of population in rural areas.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4990.
Date of creation: May 2012
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
agriculture; growth; rural income; rural development; agricultural development; urbanization; rural poverty; agricultural development; Philippine economy; consumer demand;
Other versions of this item:
- Balisacan, Arsenio M., 1994. "Agricultural Growth and Rural Incomes: Rural Performance Indicators and Consumption Patterns," Discussion Papers DP 1994-12, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1981. "Demographic Variables in Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1533-51, November.
- Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances, 1993. "Rural nonagricultural activities in development : Theory and application," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 75-101, February.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M, 1993.
"Agricultural Growth, Landlessness, Off-farm Employment, and Rural Poverty in the Philippines,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(3), pages 533-62, April.
- Balisacan, Arsenio M., 1991. "Agricultural Growth, Landlessness, Off-Farm Employment and Rural Poverty in the Philippines," 1991 Conference (35th), February 11-14, 1991, Armidale, Australia 145723, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1975. "Transcendental Logarithmic Utility Functions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 367-83, June.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "The impact on poverty of food pricing reforms: A welfare analysis for Indonesia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-299.
- Bautista, Romeo M., 1991. "Dynamics of Rural Development: Analytical Issues and Policy Perspectives," Working Papers WP 1991-07, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Atkinson, Anthony B, 1991. "Comparing Poverty Rates Internationally: Lessons from Recent Studies in Developed Countries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Deaton, Angus, 1986. "Demand analysis," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1767-1839 Elsevier.
- Bautista, Romeo M., 1987. "Production incentives in Philippine agriculture: effects of trade and exchange rate policies," Research reports 59, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nijkamp, P., 1993. "Urban environmental quality improvement in developing countries : socio-economic possibilities and limits," Serie Research Memoranda 0073, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- James, William & Roumasset, James, 1992. "HOW to Facilitate or Stifle Economic Development: The Role of Agriculture in Indonesia and the Philippines," MPRA Paper 14848, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "Quantifying Absolute Poverty in the Developing World," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 345-61, December.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-26, June.
- Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1986. "A methodology for measuring food poverty applied to Kenya," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 59-74, November.
- Thomas, D. & Strauss, J. & Barbosa, M.M.T.L., 1989. "Estimating The Impact Of Income And Price Changes On Consumption In Brazil," Papers 589, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.