Contribution of Services Sector in the Economy of Pakistan
AbstractThe services sector has provided steady support to Pakistanâ€™s economic growth. It share in GDP now stands a more than 50 percent. The paper analyses its continuation in the growth of the economy in general and the development of trade and genera tion of employment in particular. The study identifies the bottlenecks in its growth and suggest measures to remove them. A set of policy reforms has been suggested to make the sector more effective in the growth of the national economy. [PIDE Working Papers 2011: 79]. URL:[http://pide.org.pk/pdf/Working%20Paper/Working%20Paper-79.pdf].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:4673.
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Services Sector; Industry; Employment; Financial Institutions and Pakistanâ€™s Economy; Pakistan; economic growth; GDP; national economy; agriculture sector; trade; industry; manufacturing; agriculture; railways; transport; Storage; communication;
Other versions of this item:
- Ayaz Ahmed & Henna Ahsan, 2011. "Contribution of Services Sector in the Economy of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2011:79, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kongsamut, Piyabha & Rebelo, Sérgio & Xie, Danyang, 1997.
"Beyond Balanced Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1693, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergio Rebelo & Piyabha Kongsamut & Danyang Xie, 2001. "Beyond Balanced Growth," IMF Working Papers 01/85, International Monetary Fund.
- Piyabha Kongsamut & Sergio Rebelo & Danyang Xie, 1997. "Beyond Balanced Growth," NBER Working Papers 6159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kongsamut, P. & Rebelo, S. & Xie, D., 1997. "Beyong Balanced Growth," RCER Working Papers 438, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.