China in Africa: A Macroeconomic Perspective
AbstractIn recent years, China has dramatically expanded its financing and foreign direct investment to Africa. This expansion has served the political and economic interests of China while providing Africa with much-needed technology and financial resources. This paper looks at China’s role in Africa from the Chinese perspective. [Working Paper No. 230].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3169.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
china; chinese; africa; political; economic; technology; financial resources; macroeconoic; african; global environment; trade;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-11-20 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-20 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2010-11-20 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farole, Thomas & Brautigam, Deborah & Xiaoyang, Tang, 2010.
"China’s Investment in African Special Economic Zones: Prospects, Challenges, and Opportunities,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 5, pages 1-6, March.
- Deborah Brautigam & Thomas Farole & Tang Xiaoyang, 2010. "China’s Investment in African Special Economic Zones : Prospects, Challenges, and Opportunities," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10202, The World Bank.
- Harry G. Broadman, 2009. ""First Mover" Investment Advantages in Sub-Saharan Africa: Why Northern Multinationals Should React (Quickly) to Their Southern Counterparts," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 10(4), pages 52-58, 01.
- Sophia Gollwitzer & Eteri Kvintradze & Tej Prakash & Luis-Felipe Zanna & Era Dabla-Norris & Richard Allen & Irene Yackovlev & Victor Duarte Lledo, 2010. "Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/80, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank & the People’s Republic of China Development Research Center of the State Council, 2013. "China 2030 : Building a Modern, Harmonious, and Creative Society," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12925, October.
- Thierry PAIRAULT, 2013. "Chinese Direct Investment In Africa: A State Strategy ?," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 37, pages 259-284.
- Thierry Pairault, 2014. "Chinese direct investment in Africa. A state strategy?," Post-Print halshs-00981417, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.