Prospects for Regional Cooperation between Latin America and the Caribbean Region and the Asia and Pacific Region: Perspective from East Asia
AbstractThe Asia and Pacific region and Latin America and Caribbean region are two regions divided not only by vast geographic distance, but also by disparities in economics, politics, culture, and history. Most recently, a number of forums explored the possibility of closing such gaps and linking the two regions through various trade and investment initiatives. The opportunities for cooperation abound and could touch on areas that will improve the regional value chain and enhance the innovation and competitiveness of both regions. Interregional cooperation could also help the two regions seek ways to deal with the current global economic crisis through a range of opportunities to stimulate the economy. This paper explores the potential for regional cooperation between the Asia and Pacific region and Latin America and the Caribbean. It also provides some recommendations to enhance the economic partnership of the two regions. [ADBI Working Paper 217]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3129.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Asia; Pacific; Latin America; Caribbean; economics; politics; culture; history;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Drysdale, 2005.
"Regional Cooperation in East Asia and FTA Strategies,"
Asia Pacific Economic Papers
344, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Peter Drysdale, 2005. "Regional Cooperation in East Asia and FTA Strategies," Trade Working Papers 22016, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Hadi SOESASTRO, 2006. "Regional Integration in East Asia: Achievements and Future Prospects," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 215-234.
- Josef T. YAP, 2006. "Comment on "Regional Integration in East Asia: Achievements and Future Prospects"," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 237-238.
- Mohamed ARIFF, 2006. "Comment on "Regional Integration in East Asia: Achievements and Future Prospects"," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 1(2), pages 235-236.
- Honggue Lee, 2004. "Regime Selection as an Alternative to the Grubel-Lloyd Index," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 491, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.