Supply Chain Dynamics in Asia
AbstractSupply chain management in Asia is a relatively new topic but is a key challenge for all Asia based manufacturers and traders trying to integrate into the “global market.” The purpose of this paper is to describe key supply chain issues faced in Asia. Many of these issues are related to the importance of a properly managed supply chain in enhancing firms’ competitiveness, as well as supply chain security issues that force Asian firms to comply with numerous regulatory requirements. The critical role played by Asia-based logistics providers in facilitating supply chain integration is further explored. Logistics providers must be able to design effective and efficient supply chains in order to meet clients’ needs. A case study is then presented to illustrate how supply chain dynamics affects supplier selection.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:3028.
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
Supply chain; Asia; manufacturers; traders; security; clients;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-23 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Martha Patricia Barraza de Anda, 2004. "Maquiladora Prospects in a Global Economy," Development and Comp Systems 0408017, EconWPA.
- Ben Naylor, J. & Naim, Mohamed M & Berry, Danny, 1999. "Leagility: Integrating the lean and agile manufacturing paradigms in the total supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1-2), pages 107-118, May.
- Tyworth, John E. & Zeng, Amy Zhaohui, 1998. "Estimating the effects of carrier transit-time performance on logistics cost and service," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 89-97, February.
- John D. Sterman, 1989. "Modeling Managerial Behavior: Misperceptions of Feedback in a Dynamic Decision Making Experiment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(3), pages 321-339, March.
- Nguyen, Binh Giang, 2010. "The challenges of upgrading and diversifying Vietnam's industrial structure," MPRA Paper 40504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.