The Impact of Slum Resettlement on Urban Integration in Mumbai: The Case of the Chandivali Project
AbstractThe paper studies the socio-economic impact of the shift of slum dwellers to new rehabilitation site of Chandivali. It also discuses the issue of availability and choice of employment as a key driver towards socio-economic urban integration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2428.
Date of creation: Feb 2010
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
sociological; economic; chandivali; Mumbai; employment; slums; urban; socio-economic; household survey; quantitative; public policies; labour market; infrastructure; ecological environment; family; city; metropolis; surat; gujarat; population; textile mills; Maharashtra; liberalization;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2010-03-06 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2010-03-06 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2010.
"Is India better off today than 15 years ago? A robust multidimensional answer,"
Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 173-195, June.
- Nicolas Gravel, 2007. "Is India Better off Today Than 15 Years Ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer," Working Papers id:1056, eSocialSciences.
- Nicolas Gravel & Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, 2007. "Is India Better off Today than 15 Years ago? A Robust Multidimensional Answer," IDEP Working Papers 0704, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 18 May 2007.
- Liza Weinstein, 2008. "Mumbai's Development Mafias: Globalization, Organized Crime and Land Development," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 22-39, 03.
- Takeuchi, Akie & Cropper, Maureen & Bento, Antonio, 2006. "The welfare effects of slum improvement programs : the case of Mumbai," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3852, The World Bank.
- Rongili Biswas & Sugata Marjit & Velayoudom Marimoutou, 2009. "Fiscal Federalism, State Lobbying and Discretionary Finance in India," Working Papers id:1842, eSocialSciences.
- Deepa Menon Choudhary & Shukla P R & Jean-Charles Hourcade & Sandrine Mathy, 2008. "Alinging Development, Air Quality and Climate Policies for Muliple Dividends," Working Papers id:1399, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.