The Place of Nature in Economic Development
AbstractReview of the most salient issues in ecological economics when the subject is applied to the field of economic development. The aim here has not been to be scholastic but to examine the lives of the world's poor so as to unearth the role of natural capital there. An account here of the processes that characterise human-nature interactions reads differently from the accounts in recent surveys of both development economics and environmental and resource economics are given. [SANDEE]
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2233.
Date of creation: Oct 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
rural institutions; pollute; ecological economics; economic development; natural capital; human; nature; development econmics; environmental; resource; poor;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-10-17 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2009-10-17 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2009-10-17 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2009-10-17 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2009-10-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2009-10-17 (Tourism Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engelbrecht, Hans-Jürgen, 2009. "Natural capital, subjective well-being, and the new welfare economics of sustainability: Some evidence from cross-country regressions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 380-388, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.