Estimating Health Benefits When Behaviours are Endogenous: A Case of Indoor Pollution in Rural Nepal
AbstractThe effects of indoor air pollution on respiratory health after adjusting for endogenous health behaviours are estimated. The study includes measurements on indoor air pollution and is based on detailed survey 600 households from Syangja and Chitwan districts of Nepal. Instrumental variable probit regressions to find the effects of pollution-reducing interventions on chronic bronchitis, asthma and acute respiratory infections are used. [SANDEE].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2214.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
endogenous; Indoor air pollution; Biogas; Chronic bronchitis; Asthma; Acute respiratory infections; Instrumental variable probit; regressions; health behaviours; Nepal; asthma; respiratory infections;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-09-26 (Development)
- NEP-ENV-2009-09-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2009-09-26 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael P. Murray, 2006. "Avoiding Invalid Instruments and Coping with Weak Instruments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 111-132, Fall.
- Larson, Bruce A. & Rosen, Sydney, 2002. "Understanding household demand for indoor air pollution control in developing countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 571-584, August.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1987. "Efficient estimation of limited dependent variable models with endogenous explanatory variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 231-250, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.