What Is the Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on the Banking System in East Asia?
AbstractThis paper assesses the condition and outlook of the financial sectorsâ€”in particular, the banking sectorâ€”in the East Asia region in the aftermath of the current global financial crisis. The risks in the banking systems in East Asia are analyzed using the standard supervisory framework, which assesses capital adequacy, asset quality, management, earnings, and liquidity (CAMEL). [WP 146].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:2204.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
financial sectors; banking sector; banking; financial; East Asia; Asia; banking system; capital; capital adequacy; asset; management; earnings; liquidity; CAMEL; global financial crisis; Thailand; exchange rate; lonas; Japan;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2009-09-11 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2009-09-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2009-09-11 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2009-09-11 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2009-09-11 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Pomerleano, 2007. "Corporate financial restructuring in Asia: implications for financial stability," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009.
"The Aftermath of Financial Crises,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7209, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Thailand: Financial System Stability Assessment," IMF Staff Country Reports 09/147, International Monetary Fund.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises: A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2009. "The financial crisis and global policy reforms," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.