Trade in Health Services
AbstractThe paper provides an overview of the nature of trade in health services in the world economy. It oulines some of the general implications of trade in health services for national health systems for aspects such as equity, efficiency, and access to health services. [WP no. 70].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1758.
Date of creation: Nov 2008
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
health services; trade; world economy; systems; equity; national; GATS; India; efficicency; access; services; barriers; policy globalization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Younghwan In & Roberto Serrano, 2000.
"Agenda Restrictions in Multi-Issue Bargaining,"
2000-08, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Lukas, Daniel, 2009. "Efficiency effects of cross-border medical demand," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 15/09, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Rupa Chanda, 2010. "Constraints To Foreign Direct Investment In Indian Hospitals," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 121-143.
- Patricia Waeger, 2007. "Trade in Health Services - An Analytical Framework Valuation Effects and Interest Rate Changes," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 441, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Chatterjee, Tonmoy & Gupta, Kausik, 2013. "Mobility of Capital and Health Sector:A Trade Theoretic Analysis," MPRA Paper 48557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pasquale Scaramozzino & Yasmeen Khwaja, 2003. "Unknown Talents and the Brain Drain: The Informational Role of Migration," CEIS Research Paper 33, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Commander, Simon & Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan, 2003. "The Brain Drain: Curse or Boon?," IZA Discussion Papers 809, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2012. "Is Direct FDI in Healthcare Desirable in a Developing Economy?," MPRA Paper 41007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jansen, Marion, 2006. "Services Trade Liberalization at the Regional Level: Does Southern and Eastern Africa Stand to Gain from EPA Negotiations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mia Mikic, 2007. "Health-related Services in Multilateral and Preferential Trade Arrangements in Asia and the Pacific," Working Papers 3007, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Ann Issac & Nirmalya Syam, 2010. "Migration of Health Care Professionals from India: A Case Study of Nurses," Working Papers id:2403, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.