Technology Sourcing and Internationalisation of IT firms in India
AbstractThe paper analyzes the determinants of internationalisation, defined in terms of export intensity and overseas investments, of the IT firms in India. In particular, the paper examines the role of technology sourcing, both internal (in-house R&D) and external (technology imports), in determining inter-firm variation in internationalisation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1703.
Date of creation: Oct 2008
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
India; IT; Technology Sourcing; Internationalisation; Export intensity; FDI; Information Technology sourcing; imports; overseas investment; research and development; R&D; developed countries; country; Indian; government; firms;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2007.
"National Innovation System and the Emergence of Indian Information and Software Technology Multinationals,"
MPRA Paper, University Library of Munich, Germany
12359, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan, 2009. "National Innovation System and the Emergence of Indian Information and Software Technology Multinationals," Working Papers, eSocialSciences id:2159, eSocialSciences.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Innovation, Technology Transfer, and the World Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 253-66, April.
- Dunning, John H., 2000. "The eclectic paradigm as an envelope for economic and business theories of MNE activity," International Business Review, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203, December.
- Jaya Prakash Pradhan, 2004. "The determinants of outward foreign direct investment: a firm-level analysis of Indian manufacturing," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 619-639.
- Wakelin, Katharine, 1998. "Innovation and export behaviour at the firm level," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 829-841, April.
- Co, Catherine Y., 2001. "Trade, foreign direct investment and industry performance," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 163-183, January.
- NS Siddharthan & Stanley Nollen, 2004. "MNE Affiliation, Firm Size and Exports Revisited: A Study of Information Technology Firms in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 146-168.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1982. "The emergence of Third World multinationals: Indian joint ventures overseas," World Development, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 127-146, February.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 355-74, June.
- Thomas A. Pugel, 1981. "The determinants of foreign direct investment: An analysis of US manufacturing industries," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(4), pages 220-228, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.