Managing Migration in thePhilippines: Lessons for India
AbstractThe significance of international migration in the Philippines economy and society is discussed. The Government of Philippines plays a supportive and regulatory role promoting internationational migration is explained. India can draw the lessons and might learn from the Philippines experience. [WP 393].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1346.
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
India; supportive; reulatory; government; Temporary international migration; Philippines economy; society; labour; foreign countries; policy; Remittances; psychological counselling; Filipino; tax free; loans;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vijay Korra, 2011. "Short Duration Migration in India: An Appraisal from Census 2001," Working Papers id:3932, eSocialSciences.
- KC.Zachariah & S.Irudaya Rajan, 2007. "Economic and social dynamics of migration in Kerala, 1999-2004: Analysis of panel data," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 384, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Vineetha Menon & Antonyto Paul & K.N. Nair, 2008. "Livelihood Risks and Coping Strategies: A Case Study in the Agrarian Village Of Cherumad, Kerala," Working Papers id:1376, eSocialSciences.
- Sil, Milly & Guha, Samapti, 2010. "Remittances and microfinance in India: Opportunities and challenges for development finance," MPRA Paper 47815, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Dec 2009.
- S. Irudaya Rajan & Zachariah KC, 2009. "Costs of Basic Services in Kerala, 2007, Education, Health, Childbirth and Finance (Loans)," Working Papers id:1837, eSocialSciences.
- K.N. Nair & Antonyto Paul & Vineetha Menon, 2007. "Livelihood risks and coping strategies: A Case study in the agrarian village of Cherumad, Kerala," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 394, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- K.C. Zachariah & S.Irudaya Rajan, 2008. "Costs of basic services in Kerala, 2007: Education, health, childbirth and finance (Loans)," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 406, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.