Industrial Growth in Kerala: Trends and Explanations
AbstractThe study traces the trends in industrial growth against the backdrop of the overall economic growth in Kerala under the influence of the ongoing economic reforms and evaluates it against the performance of Karnataka, Tamilnadu and all-India [WP No. 310].
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by eSocialSciences in its series Working Papers with number id:1003.
Date of creation: Jun 2007
Date of revision:
Note: Institutional Papers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.esocialsciences.org
India; Kerala economy; industrial stagnation; manufacturing growth; economic reforms; service industry; Karnataka; Tamil Nadu;
Other versions of this item:
- K.K. Subrahmanian & E. Abdul Azeez, 2000. "Industrial growth in Kerala: Trends and explanations," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 310, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- O47 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Measurement of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1970. "The Case for Regional Policies," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 337-48, November.
- K.N. Harilal & K.J. Joseph, 2000. "Stagnation and revival of Kerala economy: An open economy perspective," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 305, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Boyce, James K, 1986. "Kinked Exponential Models for Growth Rate Estimation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(4), pages 385-91, November.
- K.P. Kannan & K.S. Hari, 2002. "Kerala's Gulf connection: Emigration, remittances and their macroeconomic impact 1972-2000," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 328, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- P. Mohanan Pillai & N. Shanta, 2010. "Long Term Trends in the Growth and Structure of the Net State Domestic Product in Kerala," Working Papers id:2996, eSocialSciences.
- K. P. Kannan & K. S. Hari, 2010. "Kerela's Gulf Connection: Emigration, Remittances and their Macroeconomic Impact 1972-2000," Working Papers id:3132, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.