Energy-Using Appliances and Energy-Saving Features: Determinants of Ownership in Ireland
AbstractEnergy usage and energy efficiency are of increasing concern in Ireland. Regression analyses on a large household micro-dataset reveal that those homes that have more energy-saving features are also likely to have a high ?potential energy use?. Statistically significant dwelling features include location, value and dwelling type, while household features such as income, age, period of residency, social status and tenure type are also important.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) in its series Papers with number WP219.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision:
Energy use; Ireland; appliance ownership; energy efficiency;
Other versions of this item:
- O'Doherty, Joe & Lyons, Sean & Tol, Richard S.J., 2008. "Energy-using appliances and energy-saving features: Determinants of ownership in Ireland," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(7), pages 650-662, July.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leahy, Eimear & Lyons, Sean, 2010.
"Energy use and appliance ownership in Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4265-4279, August.
- Wijaya, Muhammad Ery & Tezuka, Tetsuo, 2013. "Measures for improving the adoption of higher efficiency appliances in Indonesian households: An analysis of lifetime use and decision-making in the purchase of electrical appliances," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 981-987.
- Will Gans & Anna Alberini & Alberto Longo, 2011.
"Smart Meter Devices and The Effect of Feedback on Residential Electricity Consumption: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Northern Ireland,"
CEPE Working paper series
11-78, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Gans, Will & Alberini, Anna & Longo, Alberto, 2013. "Smart meter devices and the effect of feedback on residential electricity consumption: Evidence from a natural experiment in Northern Ireland," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 729-743.
- Will Gans & Anna Alberini & Alberto Longo, 2011. "Smart Meter Devices and The Effect of Feedback on Residential Electricity Consumption: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Northern Ireland," Working Papers 2011.36, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S. J., 2011.
"Greener Homes: An Ex-Post Estimate of the Cost of Carbon Dioxide Emission Reduction using Administrative Micro-Data from the Republic of Ireland,"
WP388, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Eimear Leahy & Richard Tol, 2012. "Greener homes: an ex-post estimate of the cost of carbon dioxide emission reduction using administrative micro-data from the Republic of Ireland," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 14(3), pages 219-239, July.
- Hyland, Marie & Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S.J., 2013.
"The potential for segmentation of the retail market for electricity in Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 349-359.
- Hyland, Marie & Leahy, Eimear & Tol, Richard S. J., 2012. "The Potential for Segmentation of the Retail Market for Electricity in Ireland," Papers WP433, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Yu, Biying & Zhang, Junyi & Fujiwara, Akimasa, 2011. "Representing in-home and out-of-home energy consumption behavior in Beijing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4168-4177, July.
- Tim Callan & Sean Lyons & Sue Scott & Richard S. J. Tol & Stefano Verde, 2008.
"The Distributional Implications of a Carbon Tax in Ireland,"
WP250, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Callan, Tim & Lyons, Sean & Scott, Susan & Tol, Richard S.J. & Verde, Stefano, 2009. "The distributional implications of a carbon tax in Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 407-412, February.
- Yue, Ting & Long, Ruyin & Chen, Hong, 2013. "Factors influencing energy-saving behavior of urban households in Jiangsu Province," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 665-675.
- Zhang, Yixiang & Wang, Zhaohua & Zhou, Guanghui, 2013. "Determinants and implications of employee electricity saving habit: An empirical study in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1529-1535.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.