An Identification of Local Industrial Clusters in Germany
AbstractThis paper presents a method that allows local industrial clusters to be identified and applies this method to Germany. The method is applied to all 3-digit manufacturing industries in Germany. The results are used in two ways. First, they provide some information about which industries are clustering and which are not. Second, a complete list of all local clusters that existed in Germany in 2001 and are identified by this method is given. The spatial distribution of these local clusters in Germany is discussed in the light of other studies on Germany.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group in its series Papers on Economics and Evolution with number 2003-04.
Date of creation: Apr 2003
Date of revision:
Note: The paper will be emailed on request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Kahlaische Strasse 10, D-07745 Jena
Phone: +49-3641-68 65
Fax: +49-3641-68 69 90
Web page: http://www.econ.mpg.de/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Angelo Secchi, 2007.
"Modeling industrial evolution in geographical space,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(5), pages 651-672, September.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Angelo Secchi, 2007. "Modeling Industrial Evolution in Geographical Space," LEM Papers Series 2007/06, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Federico Pablo-Marti & Josep Maria Arauzo-Carod, 2011. "Cluster Analysis using Microgreographic data," ERSA conference papers ersa11p284, European Regional Science Association.
- Bottazzi, Giulio & Dosi, Giovanni & Fagiolo, Giorgio & Secchi, Angelo, 2008.
"Sectoral and geographical specificities in the spatial structure of economic activities,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 189-202, September.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Giovanni Dosi & Giorgio Fagiolo & Angelo Secchi, 2004. "Sectoral and Geographical Specificities in the Spatial Structure of Economic Activities," LEM Papers Series 2004/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Thomas Brenner, 2006. "The Regional Industry-size Distribution - An Analysis of all Types of Industries in Germany," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-16, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Serfling).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.