Understanding Society. Some preliminary results from the Wave 1 Innovation Panel
AbstractUnderstanding Society is a major new panel survey for the UK of 40,000 households containing around 100,000 individuals including children. Wave 1 of the main survey goes into the field in January 2009. Understanding Society includes an Innovation Panel of 1500 households for methodological testing in advance of the main survey going into field. A number of split sample experiments were carried at wave 1 of the Innovation Panel and an assessment of data quality issues across a range of measures were examined. The paper reports the results of both these aspects.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Understanding Society at the Institute for Social and Economic Research in its series Understanding Society Working Paper Series with number 2008-03.
Date of creation: 01 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Publication status: published
Contact details of provider:
Postal: RAB Butler Building, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester, ESSEX C04 3SQ
Phone: +44 (0)1206 872957
Fax: +44 (0)1206 873151
Web page: https://www.understandingsociety.ac.uk/research/publications/working-papers
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Levy-Garboua, Louis & Montmarquette, Claude & Simonnet, Veronique, 2007.
"Job satisfaction and quits,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 251-268, April.
- Louis Lévy-Garboua & Claude Montmarquette & Véronique Simonnet, 2007. "Job Satisfaction and Quits," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00203158, HAL.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & John Micklewright, 2007.
"New Directions in the Analysis of Inequality and Poverty,"
71, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & John Micklewright, 2007. "New Directions in the Analysis of Inequality and Poverty," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 700, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Micklewright, John, 2007. "New Directions in the Analysis of Inequality and Poverty," IZA Discussion Papers 2814, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ese:iserwp:2008-05 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ese:iserwp:2000-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen P. Jenkins, 2000.
"The Distribution of Income by Sectors of the Population,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
217, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Groves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.