Imports, Exports and Foreign Direct Investment Interactions and Their Effects
AbstractThis study explores how international trade and investment flows affect each other, using data from OECD and 6 ASEAN countries , and examines whether trade and investment linkages are different between developed and developing economies, or between countries that participate actively in bilateral and/or regional trade agreements.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada. in its series Working Papers with number 4507.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2007
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in ARTNeT website
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/
Imports; Exports; Foreign; Investment; Interactions; Effects;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-01-12 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2008-01-12 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2008-01-12 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Oxelheim, Lars & Thulin, Per, 2004.
"The Relationship between Domestic and Outward Foreign Direct Investment: The Role of Industry-Specific Effects,"
Working Paper Series
625, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Oxelheim, Lars & Thulin, Per, 2005. "The relationship between domestic and outward foreign direct investment: The role of industry-specific effects," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 677-694, December.
- Horst Raff, 2002.
"Preferential Trade Agreements and Tax Competition for Foreign Direct Investment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
763, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raff, Horst, 2004. "Preferential trade agreements and tax competition for foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2745-2763, December.
- Brainard, S Lael, 1997. "An Empirical Assessment of the Proximity-Concentration Trade-off between Multinational Sales and Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 520-44, September.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003.
"The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002. "The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Zhang, Qing & Felmingham, Bruce, 2001. "The relationship between inward direct foreign investment and China's provincial export trade," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 82-99.
- Yann Duval, 2008. "Trade and Investment Linkages and Policy Coordination: Lessons from Case Studies in Asian Developing Countries," Working Papers 5508, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yann Duval).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.