The Educational Attainment of Turkey's Labor Force: A Comparison Across Provinces and Overtime
AbstractThis paper presents regional and provincial data on the educational composition of Turkey's labor force over time as well as estimates of the human capital stock measured as the average years of formal education received by the work force. The data set is comprised of the estimated human capital stock for the set of 67 provinces over the census years from 1970 to 1990. Although regional disparities have persisted, the data shows significant improvements in the educational attainment of the labor force during the past two decades.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic Research Forum in its series Working Papers with number 9706.
Date of creation: May 1997
Date of revision: May 1997
Publication status: Published by The Economic Research Forum (ERF)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tansel, Aysit & Gungor, Nil D., 2012.
"Gender effects of education on economic development in Turkey,"
38391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysit Tansel & Nil Gungor, 2013. "Gender effects of education on economic development in Turkey," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(6), pages 794 - 821, November.
- Aysit Tansel & Nil Demet Güngör, 2012. "Gender Effects of Education on Economic Development in Turkey," Working Papers 2012/19, Turkish Economic Association.
- Aysit Tansel & Nil Demet Gungor, 2012. "Gender Effects of Education on Economic Development in Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1203, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2012.
- Tansel, Aysit & Güngör, Nil Demet, 2012. "Gender Effects of Education on Economic Development in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 6532, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Nil Demet Güngör, 2012. "Gender Effects of Education on Economic Development in Turkey," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1209, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Nil Demet GUNGOR, 2010. "Education, Human Capital Inequality And Economic Growth: Evidence From Turkey," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Namees Nabeel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.