Planning and Macroeconomic Stabilization in Iran
AbstractThis paper presents an account of the main economic developments in the Iranian economy over the period of the First Five-Year Economic, Social and Cultural Development Plan (1989/90-1993/94) of the Islamic Republic of Iran. It also provides an overall evaluation, and examines the objectives and economic rationales behind the Second Five-Year Economic, Social and Cultural Development Plan (covering the period 1995/96-1999/2000) which was recently approved by the Majlis (the Consultative Assembly of the Islamic Republic of Iran). The emphasis of the paper will be on the government's stabilization and liberalization programs, rather than the structural details of the plans.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic Research Forum in its series Working Papers with number 9502.
Date of creation: Jan 1995
Date of revision: Jan 1995
Publication status: Published by The Economic Research Forum (ERF)
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 2006. "Unemployment Conundrum in Iran," Economics Working Papers wp06-15, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Pahlavani, Mosayeb & Wilson, Ed & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2005. "Structural Changes in the Iranian Economy: An Empirical Analysis with Endogenously Determined Breaks," Economics Working Papers wp05-05, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 2001. "An Analysis of Iran’s Third Five-Year Development Plan in the Post-Revolution Era (2000-2005)," MPRA Paper 50386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abbas Valadkhani, 2003. "An Empirical Analysis Of The Black Market Exchange Rate In Iran," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 144, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Doessel, Darrel & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2003.
"The Demand for Current Public Expenditure in Fiji: Theory and Empirical Results,"
50392, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doessel, Darrel & Valadkhani, Abbas, 2003. "The Demand for Current Public Expenditure in Fiji: Theory and Empirical Results," MPRA Paper 50391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 1997. "Simulation of Aggregate Demand Impacts on the Sectoral Value Added in the Iranian Economy," MPRA Paper 50385, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Namees Nabeel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.