The Unending Search for a New Global Monetary and Financial Architecture
AbstractThis paper analyzes some key features of the global monetary and financial crisis and the limitations faced by Central Banks. It also includes a brief description for the collectively previous efforts to anchor a Global Monetary and Financial regime. The main difficulties to “globalize” banking and financial reforms are illustrated in this paper. It is concluded with some open questions concerning the threats and opportunities that this crisis presents for emerging, developing and poorer countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic Research Forum in its series Working Papers with number 553.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision: Oct 2010
Publication status: Published by The Economic Research Forum (ERF)
Other versions of this item:
- Gerardo Della Paolera, 2011. "The Unending Search For A New Global Monetary And Financial Architecture," Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(01), pages 11-28.
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2010-10-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2010-10-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MIC-2010-10-23 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-10-23 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Namees Nabeel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.