Firm-level Analysis of Globalization: A Survey
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to extensively review empirical studies that analyze the globalization phenomena by using micro data. First, we set up a flow chart describing how the policy measures on globalization lead to national productivity enhancement. Second, we summarize the hypotheses and the methods explored in 12 literatures on globalization, which this flow chart is mapping. Last, we discuss further possible avenues in micro data analyses.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) in its series Working Papers with number d001.
Date of creation: 12 Dec 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The ASEAN Secretariat Mezzanine Floor, 70A Jl.Sisingamangaraja, Jakarta 12110
Web page: http://www.eria.org/
More information through EDIRC
Firm-level data; Globalization; Productivity;
Other versions of this item:
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoshifumi Fukunaga & Arata Kuno, 2012. "Toward a Consolidated Preferential Tariff Structure in East Asia: Going beyond ASEAN+1 FTAs," Working Papers PB-2012-03, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Wagner, Joachim, 2011.
"Productivity and International Firm Activities: What Do We Know?,"
IZA Policy Papers
23, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2011. "Productivity and International Firm Activities: What do we know?," Working Paper Series in Economics 194, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Fukunari Kimura & Ayako Obashi, 2011.
"Production Networks in East Asia : What We Know So Far,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
23216, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kimura, Fukunari & Obashi, Ayako, 2011. "Production Networks in East Asia: What We Know So Far," ADBI Working Papers 320, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Fukunari Kimura & Ayako Obashi, 2011. "Production Networks in East Asia : What We Know So Far," Trade Working Papers 23216, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Fukunari Kimura, 2009. "The Nature and Characteristics of Production Networks in East Asia: Evidences from Micro/Panel Data Analyses," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-093, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Cassey LEE, 2012. "Knowledge Flows, Organization and Innovation: Firm-Level Evidence from Malaysia," Working Papers DP-2012-11, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hiroshi Okasaki).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.