Troubled Assets: The IMF's Latest Projections for Economic Growth in the Western Hemisphere
AbstractThis issue brief examines the International Monetary Fund's (IMF's) economic growth projections for Latin America and the Caribbean through 2014. It finds that for some countries – most notably Venezuela and Argentina – the IMF’s projections inexplicably portend a prolonged negative impact of the current world recession, even as countries harder-hit by the downturn, such as Mexico, recover. In other cases, such as Haiti, the IMF projects a surprisingly big growth spurt.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) in its series CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs with number 2009-16.
Length: 5 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1611 Connecticut Ave, NW Suite 400, Washington, DC 20009
Phone: (202) 293-5380
Fax: (202) 588 1356
Web page: http://www.cepr.net/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F - International Economics
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- F37 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Finance Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- O54 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-05-30 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2009-05-30 (Financial Development & Growth)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Weisbrot & Rebecca Ray & Jake Johnston & Jose Antonio Cordero, 2009. "IMF-Supported Macroeconomic Policies and the World Recession: A Look at Forty-One Borrowing Countries," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-37, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.