Market analysis for Acrean timbers
AbstractIn the state of Acre (Brazil), keys of development are the valorization of natural resources, which include non-ligneous and timber products. The need to develop a sustainable wood industry lead to assess markets that can be targeted from Acre in an sustainable and economic way. The objective of this analysis is so to highlight the opportunities and the marketing strategies that are the most suitable from a timber business point of view, in the specific context of Acre. Care should be taken that all the conclusions that can be interpreted from this work are valid from a timber business point of view, but these market considerations don’t necessarily prevail on other considerations, such as social or political ones. From a general point of view, Acre State, despite its remote location, is not independent of the globalization process. This means that the market analysis is required to start from the world level markets, and has to deepen progressively down to national, regional and local levels, in order to correctly isolate which are the competitive advantages and disadvantages of the specific Acrean context.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40 in its series Working Papers with number 40396.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: Mar 2001
Date of revision: Jan 2005
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- O13 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q34 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Natural Resources and Domestic and International Conflicts
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Marc Roda, 2000. "State of the tropical timber economics 2000 / Etat de l’économie des bois d’oeuvre tropicaux 2000," Selected Books, CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40, edition 1, volume 1, number 1, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JM Roda).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.