‘Europe of patients, Europe for patients’: the Europeanization of healthcare policies by European patients’ organizations
AbstractAnalyses the role of European patients’ organizations in the process of Europeanization of healthcare policies by exploring the types of organizations constituted by European patients’ organizations and the form of activism they develop.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech in its series CSI Working Papers Series with number 030.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75272 Paris cedex 06
Phone: + 220.127.116.11.92.88
Fax: + 18.104.22.168.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Europeanization; patient organizations; health activism; evidence-based activism; healthcare policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- Z18 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Public Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-03-02 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HEA-2013-03-02 (Health Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alex Warleigh, 2001. "'Europeanizing' Civil Society: NGOs as Agents of Political Socialization," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(4), pages 619-639, November.
- Mair, Peter, 2005. "Popular Democracy and the European Union Polity," European Governance Papers (EUROGOV) 3, CONNEX and EUROGOV networks.
- Dumit, Joseph, 2006. "Illnesses you have to fight to get: Facts as forces in uncertain, emergent illnesses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 577-590, February.
- Jarman, Holly & Greer, Scott, 2010. "Crossborder trade in health services: Lessons from the European laboratory," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 158-163, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.