From New Deal institutions to capital markets: commercial consumer risk scores and the making of subprime mortgage finance
AbstractProvides original sociological research on the development of consumer credit scoring in the United States and its links to subprime mortgage finance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation (CSI), Mines ParisTech in its series CSI Working Papers Series with number 014.
Length: 49 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 60 boulevard Saint Michel, 75272 Paris cedex 06
Phone: + 220.127.116.11.92.88
Fax: + 18.104.22.168.56.28
Web page: http://www.csi.mines-paristech.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Science and technology studies; economic sociology; social studies of finance; subprime mortgages; consumer credit; risk;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- N32 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Social and Economic Stratification
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2009-02-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PKE-2009-02-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-URE-2009-02-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lipartito, Kenneth, 2011. "The narrative and the algorithm: Genres of credit reporting from the nineteenth century to today," MPRA Paper 28142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florence Paterson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.