Stable Dynamics in Transportation Systems
AbstractWe present a new class of transportation systems, the stable dynamics models, which provides a natural link between the static and dynamic trafic network models. They can be seen as steady states of dynamic networks (flows are constant in time). These models turn out to be very easy to study analytically for simple networks. Moreover, they can be extended for large networks, for which efficient (and standard)algorithms to solve for equilibrium can be derived. We also present a formulation for the endogenous origin-destination case. Finally, this class of models leads to very natural and simple calibration methods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise in its series THEMA Working Papers with number 2000-18.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 33, boulevard du port - 95011 Cergy-Pontoise Cedex
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-22 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ouorou, A. & Mahey, P. & Vial, P.PH., 1997. "A Survey of Algorithms for Convex Multicommodity Flow Problems," Papers 97.13, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- repec:fth:louvco:9907 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. de Palma & Y. Nesterov, 1997.
"Optimization formulations and static equilibrium in congested transportation networks,"
THEMA Working Papers
97-17, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- de PALMA, André & NESTEROV, Yurii, 1998. "Optimization formulations and static equilibrium in congested transportation networks," CORE Discussion Papers 1998061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- A. de Palma & Y. Nesterov, 2001. "Park and Ride for the Morning and Evening Commute," THEMA Working Papers 2001-16, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- NESTEROV, Yu., 2003. "Characteristic functions of directed graphs and applications to stochastic equilibrium problems," CORE Discussion Papers 2003013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marion Oury).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.