Continuous Approximations of Stochastic Evolutionary Game Dynamics
AbstractWe derive continuous approximations of stochastic evolutionary dynamics in games. Depending on how we construct the continuous limit, we obtain a continuous approxi-mation that is either an ordinary differential equation (ODE) or a stochastic differential equation (SDE). Our SDE approximation result provides the first derivation of a SDE from an underlying discrete stochastic evolutionary game model. In deriving both an ODE and a SDE limit from the same model, our results provide information regarding the conditions under which the different limits arise.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution in its series ELSE working papers with number 002.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- T. Borgers & R. Sarin, 2010.
"Learning Through Reinforcement and Replicator Dynamics,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
380, David K. Levine.
- Borgers, Tilman & Sarin, Rajiv, 1997. "Learning Through Reinforcement and Replicator Dynamics," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 1-14, November.
- Tilman B�rgers & Rajiv Sarin, . "Learning Through Reinforcement and Replicator Dynamics," ELSE working papers 051, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Jorgen W. Weibull, 1997. "Evolutionary Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262731215, December.
- Newey, Whitney K, 1991.
"Uniform Convergence in Probability and Stochastic Equicontinuity,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 1161-67, July.
- Newey, W.K., 1989. "Uniform Convergence In Probability And Stochastic Equicontinuity," Papers 342, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Antonio Cabrales, 1993.
"Stochastic replicator dynamics,"
Economics Working Papers
54, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- D. Fudenberg & C. Harris, 2010.
"Evolutionary Dynamics with Aggregate Shocks,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
496, David K. Levine.
- Basov, S., 2001. "An Evolutionary Model of Reciprocity," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 812, The University of Melbourne.
- Dawid, Herbert, 2007. "Evolutionary game dynamics and the analysis of agent-based imitation models: The long run, the medium run and the importance of global analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2108-2133, June.
- Sandholm,W.H., 1999. "Markov evolution with inexact information," Working papers 15, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Weibull, Jörgen W., 1997. "What have we learned from Evolutionary Game Theory so far?," Working Paper Series 487, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 26 Oct 1998.
- Suren Basov, 2002. "Evolution of Social Behavior in the Global Economy: The Replicator Dynamics with Migration," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 847, The University of Melbourne.
- Julide Yazar, 2006. "Evolving densities in continuous strategy games through particle simulations," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 171-187, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (s. malkani) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask s. malkani to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.