Lagrangean decomposition for large-scale two-stage stochastic mixed 0-1 problems
AbstractIn this paper we study solution methods for solving the dual problem corresponding to the Lagrangean Decomposition of two stage stochastic mixed 0-1 models. We represent the two stage stochastic mixed 0-1 problem by a splitting variable representation of the deterministic equivalent model, where 0-1 and continuous variables appear at any stage. Lagrangean Decomposition is proposed for satisfying both the integrality constraints for the 0-1 variables and the non-anticipativity constraints. We compare the performance of four iterative algorithms based on dual Lagrangean Decomposition schemes, as the Subgradient method, the Volume algorithm, the Progressive Hedging algorithm and the Dynamic Constrained Cutting Plane scheme. We test the conditions and properties of convergence for medium and large-scale dimension stochastic problems. Computational results are reported.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística) in its series BILTOKI with number 2010-07.
Date of creation: Jul 2010
Date of revision:
Postal: Dpto. de Econometría y Estadística, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2010-07-31 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ORE-2010-07-31 (Operations Research)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.