Spanish Customer Satisfaction Indices by Cumulative Panel Data
AbstractIn this paper, we present a new theoretical representation of the Consumer Satisfaction Index (CSI) based on Structural Equation Modelling (SEM). We use panel data collected by an automotive magazine to apply our approach and assess the applicability in the field of marketing by formulating a competitive strategy in the Spanish automobile industry. The basic structure of the CSI is based upon well established theories and approaches to customer satisfaction (see Fornell 1992; Fornell et al., 1996). The structure based upon these theories consists of a number of latent factors, each of which is operationalised by multiple measures. The purpose of this paper is to propose a new way of representing the structure of Spanish Consumer Satisfaction (CS) in the automobile industry to study and compare the implications of its representations. We will discuss that CSI is a global evaluation constructed on the basis of its particular component evaluations. Apart from building a new way of representing the structure of CS, this work tries to correct for the bias produced by the particular method of calculus employed by the magazine.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística) in its series BILTOKI with number 2003-12.
Date of creation: Jul 2003
Date of revision:
Postal: Dpto. de Econometría y Estadística, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-08-01 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EEC-2003-07-29 (European Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mariel Chladkova, Petr & Fernández Aguirre, María Carmen & López Caro, Cristina María, 2002. "Índices de Satisfacción del Consumidor: una aplicación de Modelos de Ecuaciones Estructurales a la Industria Automovilística Española," BILTOKI 2002-04, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.