Switching Equilibria: The Present Value Model for Stock Prices Revisited
AbstractAlso published as DFAE-II Working Paper 2002-26 and as an article in: Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 2004, vol. 28, issue 11, pages 2297-2325
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística) in its series BILTOKI with number 2000-06.
Date of creation: Mar 2000
Date of revision:
Postal: Dpto. de Econometría y Estadística, Facultad de CC. Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad del País Vasco, Avda. Lehendakari Aguirre 83, 48015 Bilbao, Spain
Other versions of this item:
- Gutierrez, Maria-Jose & Vazquez, Jesus, 2004. "Switching equilibria: the present value model for stock prices revisited," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2297-2325, October.
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chow, G.C., 1988.
"Rational Versus Adaptive Expectations In Present Value Models,"
328, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Chow, Gregory C, 1989. "Rational versus Adaptive Expectations in Present Value Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 376-84, August.
- Smith, A A, Jr, 1993. "Estimating Nonlinear Time-Series Models Using Simulated Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S63-84, Suppl. De.
- Martin D.D. Evans, 1995.
"Dividend Variability and Stock Market Swings,"
95-13, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- Driffill, John & Sola, Martin, 1998. "Intrinsic bubbles and regime-switching," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 357-373, July.
- John H. Cochrane, 1991.
"Volatility Tests and Efficient Markets: A Review Essay,"
NBER Working Papers
3591, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cochrane, John H., 1991. "Volatility tests and efficient markets : A review essay," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 463-485, June.
- Gourieroux, C & Monfort, A & Renault, E, 1993.
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S85-118, Suppl. De.
- Kenneth D. West, 1986.
"Dividend Innovations and Stock Price Volatility,"
NBER Working Papers
1833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y & Shiller, Robert J, 1987.
"Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1062-88, October.
- Campbell, John & Shiller, Robert, 1987. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Scholarly Articles 3122490, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 785, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," NBER Working Papers 1885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- RamÃ³n Maria-Dolores & Jesus Vazquez, 2006. "The relative importance of Term Spread, Policy Inertia and Persistent Monetary Policy Shocks in Monetary Policy Rules," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 6, Society for Computational Economics.
- María-Dolores Ramón & Vázquez Jesús, 2006.
"How Does the New Keynesian Monetary Model Fit in the U.S. and the Eurozone? An Indirect Inference Approach,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(2), pages 1-51, September.
- María-Dolores, Ramón & Vázquez Pérez, Jesús, 2005. "How Does the New Keynesian Monetary Model Fit in the U.S. and the Eurozone? an Indirect Inference Approach," DFAEII Working Papers 2005-13, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Vázquez Pérez, Jesús & Regúlez Castillo, Marta & Londoño Yarce, Juan Miguel, 2008. "Another Look to the Price-Dividend Ratio: A Markov-Switching Approach," DFAEII Working Papers 2008-09, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alcira Macías).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.